hello everyone and welcome to my first post on the blog. This is brian, not kathy, if you haven’t figured that out. Don’t be fooled if a previous post or two was added by me, it wasn’t really me. Sometimes the lovely wife doesn’t realize I’m logged in when she makes a post.
Anyway, lets get back to the food. I know that is what everyone really wants to hear about.
Buttered Noodles and Parmesan, what is there to say. . . Well, for starters, this was my staple food, besides Chipotle, for many years. It was a quick meal after work, or before bed if I forgot to eat during the endless hours of World of Warcraft. Now days, I make it most any saturday that kathy has to work, like today. She is busy working a conference at Wycliffe Bible Translators, so I’m home all by myself. Well, walter is here, but since he can’t cook, I’m not going to count him. After a long morning of playing domestic man, vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes and making the bed, it was nice to sit down and enjoy a big bowl of noodles. Buttered noodles and parmesan is my comfort food.
- Noodles – whatever kind you want in whatever quantity you want. I used Barilla Piccolini Farfalle this time. Egg noodles are nice as well.
- 1 tbsp butter.
- Parmesan cheese – The real stuff or the dry stuff from the can.
- Red pepper flakes to season
- Italian parsley – Not needed, but it makes it look nutritious instead of a big beige loaf.
- Fill a pan with water. Liberally salt the water. Place on High heat and let come to a boil.
- Dump the pasta into the water. Cook until al-dente. (The time listed on the package works good for me)
- Drain the water, add butter and red pepper flakes and toss to coat.
- Plop into a bowl and cover with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Take pictures of it.
Hope everyone enjoyed my first post. Z